Reporting crime and suspicious activity

The Police rely on information from the public to identify problem areas and to solve crimes. By taking action and reporting crime, you are helping yourself and protecting others.

If you see something, say something.

If you see any suspicious or criminal activity, report it to the Police immediately. Do not put your safety at risk by confronting the offenders.

When you make a police report, you can assist by providing as much information as you can, including:

  • The date and time of the suspicious activity or incident;
  • The location and address;
  • Details about the incident and what has happened - ie. who, what, where, when, which, why and how.
  • Vehicle details such as colour, type, make, model and registration; and
  • A description of the suspicious person(s) or offender(s), including gender, age, appearance, clothing and other distinguishing features.

Who to call?

The City of Vincent works closely with local police but does not act as a replacement nor share the same authority.

The City appreciates information and reports from the community, but it is also important to contact the relevant agency directly to ensure an appropriate and timely response.

For information about local crime prevention programs and initiatives, visit the City's Safer Vincent page.

For more general support and advice regarding local community safety matters, reach out to the Safer Vincent Advisor on 9273 6000 or .

Police Assistance Centre
Report all crime, suspicious activity and incidents to the Police as and
when it occurs.

Visit the WA Police Force website to access a variety of online
services including Report My Lost Property, Report Stolen or
Damaged Property, Check My Crime, Report a Hoon and
Report a Traffic Crash.

131 444
Only call 000 in an emergency or life-threatening situation when
urgent Police, Fire or Ambulance assistance is required.
Crime Stoppers WA
Report information about criminal activity to Crime
Stoppers WA where Police attendance is not
required, or visit their website to report online.
You can remain anonymous if you wish.
1800 333 000
National Security Hotline
Use the Hotline to report possible signs of terrorism or
if you have concerns about, or information on threats
to Australia's critical infrastructure.
1800 123 400

City of Vincent Ranger Services
The City's Ranger Services are on duty seven days a week and
can assist with matters relating to animal control, parking and
permits, litter and illegal dumping, fire hazards and patrols of
local parks and community facilities.

9273 6000

City of Vincent Ranger Services (After Hours Emergencies)
The City's Ranger Services can be contacted outside of business
hours for emergencies only. Examples of after hours emergencies
include vehicles obstructing driveways or access to properties,
dog attacks, major damage to public property that poses a risk
to members of the public or issues accessing a hall or facility
that you have booked.

6324 0329

Was this page helpful?