Transport Assistance - Guidelines and Criteria

In order to be eligible for Transport Assistance, you must:

  • be the holder of a pension concession card and a healthcare card 
  • not already accessing transport assistance via a state or federal government aged care package
  • not already have state funded Taxi User’s Subsidy Scheme (TUSS)
  • not be already have a Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) Health Card
  • not already have Commonwealth Home Support (CHSP) or Home and Community Care (HACC)
  • not already have received the maximum amount of Transport Assistance from the City in the current financial year
  • not already have attended your appointment, as Transport Assistance for past appointments will not be funded

You can submit your application for Transport Assistance all year round, or until the funding source is exhausted.

Alternative Formats

The application form can be made available in alternative formats for people with specific requirements. If you would like the application in any of these formats, please call the City’s Community Development team on 9273 6000 or

Was this page helpful?