Fines & Infringements

Receiving a parking infringement is not something that anyone enjoys and in many cases the fine can be avoided. Enforcement is the last resort in the City's effort to ensure that it is as easy as possible for everybody to park and move around throughout Vincent.

A few simple tips will help you to avoid incurring a fine:

  • Ensure that you carefully read and follow any parking signs, noting clearway times, resident only parking, private parking, ACROD, time restrictions, private tow-away/wheel clamping areas (these are not operated by the City), loading zones and whether the car park is fee-paying
  • Know the traffic and parking rules and observe them
  • Refrain from parking in No Stopping areas, No Parking areas, Loading Zones, in Bus Stops and bays or Taxi Only bays
  • Do not park on a verge where signage prohibits the action, on verges without permission from the property owner, in bays for other types of vehicles (e.g. motorcycles, bicycles, taxis), in rights of way, in a way that obstructs a driveway or footpath or facing against the traffic flow
  • Check that you know the times you are allowed to park and allow yourself time to return before your parking expires
  • Ensure you have parked your vehicle within the lines or area permitted
  • Ensure that you display your ticket the right side up and in a prominent place
  • Ensure that you have the correct vehicle registration selected if paying by a pay by phone app
  • If you have a current ACROD permit ensure it is clearly visible
  • Do not use disabled only parking areas for parking, loading or unloading, unless you hold a valid ACROD permit, even if the vehicle is occupied
  • If you have residential parking permits ensure these are active
  • Parking the same as another illegally parked vehicle does not make you exempt from an infringement notice
  • If your tyres have been chalked, do not attempt to remove the chalk marks and do not remove the vehicle (once parked) and re-park within the same street/area within the designated time limit (the time limit does not apply merely to the space or bay occupied - it applies to the whole street or car park)
  • Allow yourself enough time to park thoughtfully and carefully.

The best way to avoid an infringement is to leave your car at home and make use of the extensive public transport services available. For more information contact Transperth on 13 62 13 or visit

If you have received a Parking Infringement

If you have received a Parking Infringement you may choose to do one of the following things:

Pay the Parking Infringement

This can be paid online, over the telephone by contacting 9273 6000, in person at the Library & Local History Centre or by post to PO Box 82 Leederville 6902.

Online Payment for Infringement Notice

Note that extensions on payment are not generally given and part payments are not accepted.

Appeal the Parking Infringement

If you believe you have unjustly received a parking infringement notice, you do have the right of appeal. Your appeal must be in writing and should be submitted by letter to: City of Vincent, PO Box 82 Leederville 6902 or you can appeal the infringement online. The appeal must be lodged by the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence:

Online Parking Infringement Appeal Form

To avoid additional costs, an appeal must be lodged within 28 days of receiving an infringement:

  • Appeals will not be accepted by phone. 
  • Appeals may be accepted by email or fax, provided a residential address is supplied to enable a response to be sent.
  • Appeals will be accepted in person at the Library & Local History Centre.

Details of the infringement which need to be included in your appeal are:

  • Infringement number
  • Date of notice 
  • Vehicle registration number 
  • Return address and phone number 
  • Photocopies of all relevant supporting documentation
  • Detailed reasons why you believe an appeal should be granted.

It is advisable to retain a copy for your own records until the matter is resolved.

All appeals are lodged and processed through an appeal administration system. A letter of response advising the outcome of the appeal will be posted to you.

Nominate another Driver of the Vehicle

If you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time the infringement was incurred, you have 28 days to nominate the actual driver by completing the below online nomination form, including the driver's full name, current address and date of birth, and submitting it to the City. If you do not submit the nomination form, you will be deemed to have committed the offence. 

Online Parking Infringement Nominate Another Driver

Take the matter to Court

Should you wish to have a parking infringement heard in the Magistrates' Court rather than investigated by the City, please notify the City in writing.  On receipt of such a nomination, the City will make all necessary arrangements for the matter to be heard in the Magistrates' Court and will notify you in writing of the date when the "First Mention" will occur. 

When you receive notification of the "First Mention" date, you will need to notify the Court of your intention to plead "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" and, when the case is "mentioned", the Magistrate will set a hearing date and you will be notified of this by the Court. 

If you have pled "Not Guilty", you will need to attend the "Hearing" to provide evidence.

Because a parking infringement notice is considered to be a "minor" matter, you may elect to conduct your own defence, but you also have the right to engage the services of a solicitor to act for you.  If you elect to conduct your own defence, you will be afforded the opportunity to cross examine any witnesses that may be introduced by the prosecution and may also provide sworn testimony to the Court.

It should be noted that, while an infringement notice may only impose a penalty of between $50.00 and $500.00, the City of Vincent Parking & Parking Facilities Local Law contains a clause which provides for a minimum penalty on conviction (Court finding) of $250.00.

More Information

Contact Ranger Services on 9273 6000 or