Rangers are employed to assist members of the public throughout Vincent and have a wide diversity of duties and responsibilities. Our Ranger & Community Safety Services team provide a number of services for the local community:
- enforcement of Local Laws, Acts of Parliament and regulations
- ensuring access to facilities and amenities through equitable parking management and control (street, verge and car park control)
- preventing and deterring people from littering and dumping rubbish (litter control)
- reporting and preventing vandalism and theft of City property
- graffiti reporting
- dog and other animal control and management
- dog registration and tips on how to look after your pet dogs
- returning lost pets to their owners and finding new homes for stray animals
- reporting and removing abandoned vehicles and shopping trolleys
- patrols of parks, reserves and buildings
- unauthorised signs in public areas
- assisting in the management of events
- policing streets and footways and verge obstructions (permit application)
- control of street traders
- working with Police and other agencies to report anti-social or criminal behaviour.
Our Ranger & Community Safety Services team are employed to deal with a variety of issues that occur throughout Vincent, particularly in the areas of dog control, security, vandalism and parking. Wherever possible, problem resolution is attempted by discussion, negotiation and public education.
Together with the Co-ordinator Safer Vincent, the Rangers form the Community Safety Services team and are engaged in a number of programmes and initiatives to assist with community safety and crime reduction. Our Ranger & Community Safety Services team provide a vital service in helping to make our community a safer place to live, work and recreate. If you have any safety concerns, please contact the Co-ordinator Safer Vincent on 9273 6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org during normal office hours.
Rangers will respond to complaints within their scope of duties as soon as possible after being notified. The City also provides an emergency after hours service for residents who need to contact a Ranger after normal business hours.
Hours of Service
|Monday & Tuesday
||6.00am to 8.00pm
|Wednesday to Friday
||6.00am to 11.00pm
||7.00am to 11.00pm
||7.00am to 10.00pm
N.B. Rangers may only be available from 8.00am to 6.30pm on some Public Holidays.
If you require the services of a Ranger, contact the Customer Service Centre on 9273 6000 from 8.00am to 5.00pm, emergency after hours enquiries should be directed to 9273 6061.
- For information on roads and footpaths, contact Engineering Services on 9273 6000 or email@example.com
- To report damaged regulatory signs contact Main Roads on (free call) 1800 800 009
- To report damaged or faulty street lights, contact Western Power on (free call) 1800 622 008
- To report damaged bus shelters, contact Engineering Services on 9273 6000 or use the Report It form below
- To report litter and illegal dumping, contact Waste Management Services on 9273 6065 or use the Report It form below
- To report graffiti vandalism, contact the Administration Officer -Technical Services on 9273 6000 / the Co-ordinator Safer Vincent on 9273 6000 or use the Report It form below.