Privacy Rights & Legislation
The City of Vincent views privacy compliance as an integral part of its commitment to accountability and integrity in all its activities and programmes. The City is committed to compliance with the laws that deal with personal and health information about individuals that is stored or received by it. Consequently, we will:
- Only use personal information provided by an individual for the purposes for which it was collected and for any other authorised use;
- Only disclose personal information to any third party (including other authorities) where authorised; and
- Take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
The City has a Privacy Management Policy to:
- ensure personal information is collected, accessed, used, stored and disposed of in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment Act 2004 and
- to provide guidelines for the City when dealing with information.
Privacy Act 1988
"Personal Information" means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
"Sensitive Information" means:
(a) information or an opinion about an individual’s:
(i) racial or ethic origin; or
(ii) political opinions; or
(iii) membership of a political association; or
(iv) religious beliefs or affiliations; or
(v) philosophical beliefs; or
(vi) membership of a trade union; or
(vii) sexual preference or practices; or
(viii) criminal record;
that is also Personal Information; or
(b) health information about an individual.