id. community data
Understand your community's profile...
As part of our ongoing commitment to help us better understand and provide more targeted services to our community, the City has subscribed to a suite of online tools which provide tailored demographic information based on the latest Census data and other informing data streams.
More than 250 local governments across Australia subscribe to these tools, which will provide Administration and Elected Members access to data that’s required to help inform decisions that are made on a daily basis by the organisation. This is going to help our future business planning and will help us understand what and where the needs of our communities are, based on current trends and future forecasts.
Please use the below links to access the City’s suite of .id tools to help you get to know Vincent better.Please note that .id forecast will also be available in the coming months; this tool takes a bit longer while the .id team populate the forecast model.
If you have any queries, please contact the City's Policy and Place Team on 9273 6000 or email@example.com
This tool uses Census data to build a story about the characteristics of the community, how it is changing and how it compares to other areas.
This tool will:
• Help us understand our community;
• Ensure we allocate resources to where they are most needed;
• Minimise spending on research projects (one set of numbers for all consultants);
• Make better use of internal resources (less number crunching, more strategy implementation);
• Ensure we are drawing on consistent figures in reports;
• Build confidence in decision making;
• Provide useful information to the community 24/7 while saving staff time;
• Enhance funding requests with powerful evidence;
• Advocate for the community;
• Support businesses by giving them access to the information.
This tool is a companion product to profile.id, delivers Census data in a suite of thematic maps which show how target populations are distributed across a local government area and will:
• Identify where there are concentrations of target populations (e.g. children, elderly, disadvantaged);
• Help identify groups of people who may be hidden by more general statistics;
• Help make decisions about allocating resources to where they are most needed;
• Help to build a compelling case for funding or advocacy by presenting demographic evidence in its most visual form; and
• Help us manage our assets to meet changing demands.
This tool will:
• Verify observations and assumptions with hard data;
• Promote the local economy and attract investment to create jobs;
• Support funding requests and submissions with powerful evidence;
• Share important economic information with local businesses while saving staff time;
• Assist in the development of local industries and attract new industries;
• Make better use of internal resources (less number crunching, more strategy and implementation);
• Deliver consistent figures in reports and information;
• Build confidence in decision making; and
• Test job creation scenarios with the Impact Assessment Module.
This tool outlines what is driving population change in the community and forecasts how the population, age structure and household types will change between now and 2036 and will:
• Provide a trusted evidence-base for planning for the future;
• Help us in scheduling where to allocate resources when and where they are most needed;
• Identify changing demands; and
• Understanding the future population growth and trends so that we can advocate for our current community and plan to advocate for our future community.