Something exciting and new is happening in Vincent! Vincent Connect aims to provide everyone who lives, works and plays in the City of Vincent with the opportunity to find and join welcoming community and recreation clubs and groups.
Who is Vincent Connect for?
If you live, work, or play in the City of Vincent.
- If you are a part of a club, group or organisation looking to expand your membership to include more members of your community;
- If you would like to be more connected to your community and looking for the right club, group, or organization to join;
- If you are feeling socially isolated and would like to know how to identify clubs, groups, and organisations that are welcoming and inclusive; and
- If you would like to learn more about what it means to be a welcoming and inclusive club, group or organisation, and how to get there.
Vincent Connect might be for you!
What will be happening?
Inclusion WA will be providing opportunities for local clubs and groups to participate in training and mentorship, with the purpose of reaching more members of the community. A particular emphasis will be given to engage those who are socially isolated. Click here to check out the free events coming soon!
How can I or my organisation get involved?
There will be numerous ways to be involved in Vincent Connect, so whether you live, work or play in the City of Vincent there is an opportunity for you to play a part. These include:
- Join the Steering Committee
- Attend a free workshop for clubs and groups
- Partner with Inclusion WA for Mentorship opportunities for your club or group
- Connect with members of your community on the Community Open Day
If you see this logo, it means that whoever is displaying it supports the importance of welcoming and inclusive clubs, groups, and organisations within the City of Vincent.
If you see this badge, it means the club, group or organisation is a Vincent Connect Champion!
Champions have made a commitment and developed specific goals through the Vincent Connect project to increase their inclusive practices and be welcoming for all members of their community.
Vincent Connect is supported by the City of Vincent, Disability Services Commission and VisAbility.
If you are keen to be a part of Vincent Connect, or would like to hear a bit more about the project, please contact:
T: 9201 8900
For further information on inclusion and enagaging with the community, refer to these resources provided by Inclusion WA:
Inclusion - What is it?
Finding Recreation Activities
Approaching Groups or Clubs