The City of Vincent is committed to having an inclusive community. Along with a commitment to provide direct and indirect support to the culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) community, the City operates using the overall vision for a ‘sustainable and caring community, built with vibrancy and diversity’ (City of Vincent Strategic Plan 2013-2017).
The predominant cultural and linguistically diverse groups in the City of Vincent are Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese (including Mandarin and Cantonese), Greek and Macedonian. The City of Vincent 2011 Census data demonstrates the importance of considering this important population group (total City of Vincent population 31,549) with the following information-
- 13,814 were born overseas;
- 5,432 of people born overseas were born in non-English speaking countries;
- The non English speaking country of birth with the highest population in City of Vincent is Italy with 3,280 (7.9%) residents;
- 5,620 of people speak a language other than English at home; and
- 49.7% of residents’ parents were born overseas
To find out more detailed City of Vincent statistics click here.
Multicultural Services Centre WA offers a range of services for the Multicultural community within the City of Vincent and greater Perth.